Who we are
Here at Vireo Health, Inc. ( Vireo ) our mission is to bring the best of technology, science, and engineering to the cannabis industry. We are a physician-led, customer-focused team of more than 400 dedicated employees creating best-in-class cannabis products and customer experiences. Vireo is proud to have one of the most diverse workforces in cannabis, promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion through engaging employee outreach programs, community events, and non-profit partnerships. We are rapidly expanding nationwide, and we are looking for talented, compassionate, and dedicated people to join our team and help us grow. From Cultivation to Operations to Sales & Marketing, we are hiring people who share our vision and passion for improving people s lives. If you are looking for a positive work environment where your contributions truly make a difference, click apply and let us learn about you!
What you will do
In this role The Accounting Manager is responsible for management of the accounting staff, month end close, and the day-to-day accounting functions. This position involves cross department communications, educating staff members, routine tasks, and special projects and process improvement. We are seek an individual that is agile, flexible, willing to step out of their comfort zone, and ready for a challenge. This position will report to the Controller.
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
- Manage month end close process
- accounts payable/receivable
- cash receipts
- Inventory accounting
- general ledger
- capital assets reconciliations
- check runs
- fixed asset activity
- debt activity
- Assist in PBC requests for audits and reviews
- Improve systems and procedures
- Assist in ERP implementation and go-live (Microsoft Business Central)
- Other duties assigned by manager
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 3-5 years experience in public accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office required
- Experience with month end close process
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to change in the work environment
- CPA certification preferred
Vireo Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.