POSITION: Accounting Manager
COMPANY: Vireo Health, Inc. – Minneapolis, MN
Vireo Health, Inc. ( Vireo ), a physician-led multi-state medical cannabis company, is committed to safely alleviating pain by providing patients with best-in-class cannabis products and compassionate care. Vireo subsidiary companies cultivate cannabis in environmentally friendly greenhouses, manufacture pharmaceutical-grade cannabis extracts in state-of-the-art labs, and offer their products for sale to qualifying patients at retail dispensaries and online. Vireo is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. www.vireohealth.com.
The Corporate Controller s group is the central organization within Vireo Health Inc. that is responsible for the several functions related to the financial reporting and close process, including Inventory Valuations. Through research and analysis, critical thinking, and partnership with the business, we support key financial decisions and the issuance of the financial statements for Vireo Health.
As the Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for inventory accountability and the accounting team oversight.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with significant experience of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) accounting. Ability to apply IFRS Biological Assets to the inventory valuation. Experience within a large, listed corporate is preferred.
- To prepare monthly inventory valuations and the measurement of biological assets.
- To coordinate all day-to-day accounting activities of a routine nature, be responsible for timely submission of pertinent financial information from all departments and input that information into the automated accounting systems.
- To monitor the daily activities of the accounts payable functions.
- Supervise the retention practices of the accounting records and financial statements of Vireo Health.
- This position will be expected to demonstrate performance in a manner that is consistent with Vireo s core competencies including: align priorities & lead change to continually improve; collaborate & foster open communication; expertise & ingenious thought leadership; self-awareness & growth; build trust & credibility; effective & timely decision making.
- Coordinate all activities related to the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing of the general ledger for Vireo Health and its subsidiaries, external/internal audits, reconciliations, reporting and ensure SOX controls are monitored and documentation is updated as needed.
- Audit and coordinate daily activities of accounts payable to assure all transactions are being processed accurately and timely.
- Record and maintain a record of amounts due from subsidiaries and settle for such at each month-end.
- Direct and administer the sales/use/franchise tax functions to ensure that; we are properly registered and set up to withhold and remit all prescribed sales/use/franchise taxes that we are obligated to, and that we prepare/pay/file the appropriate sales/use/franchise tax returns with the appropriate state/local governmental units, by the prescribed due dates.
- Track monthly close checklist ensuring all processes are complete before closing the month. Lead and participate in process improvement and documentation projects. Ensure month end procedures are tested.
- Calculate all subsidiary inventory valuations.
- Assist in preparation of year-end account analysis schedules, adjusting entries, closing entries, etc., as well as answering questions of, and obtaining supporting documentation for external auditors.
- Proactively participate in the company s record retention practices to ensure that the appropriate documents are kept for the prescribed length of time.
- Conduct the information gathering process as requested in preparation of 1099 s at calendar year-end.
- Work with all departments/operations of Vireo Health to assist them in automating their information reporting systems as requested.
- Provide training and procedure documentation of which supports the completion of the lifecycle of a transaction. This includes revenue posting, cash application, payable entry and payment, month end, and bank reconciliation.
- Formulate, adopt and administer any corporate policies and procedures necessary to safeguard company assets through effective internal control programs.
- Integrate the accounting systems of affiliates, subsidiaries, new divisions and/or newly acquired companies into the financial reporting system of the company.
- Complete additional assigned duties in a timely, professional basis.
Degree of Education: 4-year accounting degree required
Desirable Amount of Previous Experience: 8+ years of progressive accounting experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A strong financial background including deep knowledge of financial controls and public company financial reporting.
- An understanding of US GAAP.
- QuickBooks accounting software experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to approach sizable workload with positive energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to keep company matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and exhibit emotional intelligence.
- Technical accounting skills and background. Excellent Excel skills.
- Multi-state financial knowledge a plus.
- A strong organizational background.
- A team-player attitude that helps to guarantee the success of the entire business.
- The willingness to take on new tasks and the ability to learn those you don’t know.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.