Vireo Health, Inc. ( Vireo ), a physician-led multi-state medical cannabis company, is committed to safely alleviating pain by providing patients with best-in-class cannabis products and compassionate care. Vireo subsidiary companies cultivate cannabis in environmentally friendly greenhouses, manufacture pharmaceutical-grade cannabis extracts in state-of-the-art labs, and offer their products for sale to qualifying patients at retail dispensaries and online. Vireo is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. www.vireohealth.com.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is a newly created position and a wonderful opportunity for someone to join us at the ground level and grow with Vireo. We believe in a collaborative, team-oriented environment where employees are empowered, and hard work is recognized and rewarded. We seek to discover potential and develop our talent to promote within.
Due to COVID19, this is a full-time remote position for the foreseeable future. This role is designed to provide day to day processing and subject matter expertise to the Accounts Payable team. The Accounts Payable Clerk will ensure payments are produced to vendors in a customer friendly, professional, accurate and timely fashion. This individual is to maintain vendor data, evaluate payment information, and process payments using multiple accounting tools. In addition, they are to address concerns, inquiries, and assist in daily high-volume invoice processing. This is an extremely fast paced environment and the individual will engage in a fair degree of multi-tasking, problem solving and is required to have a high level of detailed-oriented skillset.
- Interface with vendors and internal customer inquiries regarding invoice payment status in a professional and timely manner.
- Prepare invoices for payments daily for a variety of vendors and ensuring appropriate G/L coding has been executed.
- Maintain Accounts Payable email inbox and ensure invoices are sent to AP system and filed appropriately after task completion.
- Entering and processing PO and Non-PO related invoices.
- Pay vendors by scheduling check payments using AP software and provide follow up when necessary.
- Reconcile vendor statements and maintain payment accuracy.
- Track vendor credits and apply properly in AP systems.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and ensuring accounting systems align.
- Coordinate daily activities of accounts payable to assure all transactions are being processed accurately and efficiently.
- Manage and maintain multiple Accounting systems.
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the Accounts Payable Clerk processes.
- Maintain monthly credit card statements and reconcile transactions by coding and saving receipts.
- Participation with team members in various areas including process improvement and problem resolution.
- Complete additional assigned duties in a timely, professional basis.
- Virtually interface on daily meetings with Accounting team and regularly provide check-ins.
Degree of Education: High School diploma; 2-year degree preferred
Desirable Amount of Previous Experience: 2+ years of professional experience in A/P, A/R or accounting is required.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- QuickBooks accounting software experience is preferred.
- Competency with navigating and understanding multiple Accounting software systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience in excel reporting
- Ability to adapt in a remote work setting and interface comfortably with accounting team virtually
- Ability to work independently and meet various deadlines
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to approach sizable workload with positive energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and via email.
- Must be able to keep company matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and exhibit emotional intelligence.
- Must be organized and able to process large amounts of information.
- Collaborative attitude to help guarantee the success of the entire business.
- The willingness to take on new tasks and adaptability to direction and changes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.