Position: Corporate Controller
LeafLine Industries, LLC
The Corporate Controller will be an accounting partner to the Executive Vice President of Finance (EVP of Finance) and management team. This position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the accounting function including compliance with US generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) accounting standards and practices, financial reporting processes, controls, and compliance, and collaboration with the management team and Board of Directors to develop financial strategies for the Company. The Corporate Controller will serve as the Company’s primary resource and subject matter expert on emerging accounting pronouncements, be accountable to auditors, and communicate accounting matters to the Board of Directors. We are looking for a leader with experience in successfully developing and implementing best practices in financial reporting processes, cash management processes, and financial/operational controls. You will lead the continued build-out of a scalable accounting team that fully utilizes a new ERP platform to support a rapidly growing business.
· Own primary responsibility for technical accounting matters (including tax implications) and ensure compliance with US GAAP and Company polices & procedures.
· Lead a team consisting of a Controller & bookkeeper with continued team expansion expected.
· Provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting, finance and budgeting work of the Company.
· Oversee and coordinate the accounting department activities to maximize quality and efficiency in the department.
· Drive the day to day management of accounting resources, manage a timely monthly close process, and review periodic and annual financial statements.
· Review, investigate and facilitate the correction of errors and inconsistencies in journal entries, documents and reports.
· Monitor US GAAP accounting pronouncements that impact financial reporting requirements. Responsible for assessment of impact and implementation of new standards.
· Act as liaison to the auditors for the annual financial statement audit.
· Interact with cross-functional teams to resolve challenges, drive operational improvements, and enhance financial processes and controls.
· Work closely with the EVP of Finance and others on the management team to build strategic goals and monitor the progression of accounting and finance key performance indicators (KPIs).
· Perform ad-hoc projects to achieve the Company’s performance objectives.
· Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
· Oversee all aspects of accounting, including cash flow planning, reporting, organizational and departmental budgeting, and forecasting.
· Recruit, train, develop, supervise and evaluate accounting department staff.
· Develop and implement accounting, billing and auditing procedures.
Requirements & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Master’s preferred.
· Active CPA License in the state of Minnesota.
· 5-7 years’ experience, including 4+years’ experience in a senior leadership position.
· Strong technical accounting skillset, including technical research, with experience implementing and adopting new accounting standards.
· Hands-on-approach ability to set and maintain the day to day tone of the accounting function.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills. Exceptional attention to detail.
· Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships internally and across functional groups, as well as with external auditors and consultants.
· Ability and drive to understand all aspects of the Company’s business and coach and convey information to individuals with varying levels of accounting expertise.
· Experience in developing business strategy and tracking KPI metrics.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift