Who we are
Here at Vireo Health, Inc. ( Vireo ) our mission is to bring the best of technology, science, and engineering to the cannabis industry. We are a physician-led, customer-focused team of more than 500 dedicated employees creating best-in-class cannabis products and customer experiences. Vireo is proud to have one of the most diverse workforces in cannabis, promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion through engaging employee outreach programs, community events, and non-profit partnerships. We are rapidly expanding nationwide, and we are looking for talented, compassionate, and dedicated people to join our team and help us grow. From Cultivation to Operations to Sales & Marketing, we are hiring people who share our vision and passion for improving people s lives. If you are looking for a positive work environment where your contributions truly make a difference, click apply and let us learn about you!
What you will do
We are seeking a energetic and motivated Cultivation Technician to join our growing and dynamic team! The ideal candidate will be driven, innovative, compassionate, believe in the goodness of people and cannabis, and enjoys the one team, one dream motto! The Cultivation Technician will be responsible for the daily care and focused attention necessary to produce clean, potent, safe medical cannabis for our patients. This position reports director to the Cultivation Manager.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment inside the cultivation and surrounding areas
- Follow all State mandated regulations pertaining to the cultivation of cannabis operations
- Develop working knowledge of all equipment within specified grow spaces including but not limited to irrigation system/components, fan operation, reading of BMS and lighting equipment.
- Proper usage, maintenance, and storage of all tools and equipment, including but not limited to shop vacuums, pumps, hoses, carts, pruners, scissors, stools, gloves, rags, and personal protective equipment
- Maintain effective communication with Cultivation Managers for crop needs
- Be vigilant while conducting the daily inspection of plants to identify pests / disease / deficiencies / excesses, intersex traits, male flowers, abnormal growth, and report findings to Manager and Cultivation Managers.
- Responsible for the daily care of crop cultural practices from seed to clone to harvest
- Review and comply with all procedures and instruction checklists
- Maintain accurate record of cultural practices, data collection, other crop-related logs as assigned by the Cultivation Manager and Supervisor
- Learn and cross train across all cultural practices throughout each growth phase
- Implement daily feeding and care schedule as directed by Cultivation Manager and Supervisor
- Complete daily and periodic duties as assigned
- Assist in completion of secondary cultivation labor tasks at the direction of the Cultivation Supervisor/Lead
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience in horticulture, botany, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of biology and chemistry related to plant growth and nutrition
- Knowledge of basic computer and office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges. Additional Qualifications:
- Weekend availability as needed.
- Knowledge of plant tracking software.
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook) with the ability to maintain accurate records of reservoirs, equipment and other crop related logs assigned by the Cultivation Manager.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs for a distance of 100ft
- Occasional extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Ability to maintain focus and attention to detail
- Absolute reliability and honesty
Vireo Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. www.vireohealth.com