Company: Vireo Health of Minnesota
Reports to: General Manager – Indirect Report to Corporate Facilities Manager
Job Description: The Custodian is responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the facility.
Company Overview: Vireo Health is focused on integrating standard medical, scientific, and operational practices into the medical cannabis industry, improving the quality, safety and affordability of cannabis-based medicines for our patients. Vireo Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. In this role You will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals.
- Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment
- Basic repairs and maintenance of facilities systems including pipes, pumps, lights, HVAC, minor plumbing needs, minor electrical needs, and minor structural repairs
- Repair of facilities mechanical processing equipment, or coordination with vendors of equipment
- Establish and perform facilities preventative maintenance plans
- Establish and/or manage facility waste service provider
- Submit and manage facilities maintenance tickets in computer system
- Manage inventories of required spare parts and tools to maintain facility functionality
- Work with the GM to develop repair estimates and facility improvement budget
- Act as a supporting role as requested for capital projects and coordinate subcontractor repairs and facilities improvements
- Coordinate with Corporate Real Estate to execute on facilities improvements
- Able to work independently as well as operating as part of a team
- Participate in weekly meetings with other Facility Managers
- Adhere to strict sanitation practices throughout the facility
- Facility cleaning and ensuring overall facility cleanliness– sweeping, mopping, garbage removal, vacuuming, etc.
- All other tasks, as determined by the General Manager and Corporate Facilities Manager, to ensure smooth operation of facility
- Two years of experience in facilities maintenance or related field
- Proven Maintenance Experience
- Skilled in the use of power tools
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including off business hours as needed
Physical Demands: Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication may be required. Standing for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect equipment. Some heavy lifting may be required. Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
Work Environment: The job is performed indoors and outdoors. Must be able to work in hot, humid environments for extended periods of time with exposure to dust, allergens, and water. Appropriate PPE will be provided. Activities include extended periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, stooping and bending. Twisting in tight areas may also be required at times.
Job Type: Part-Time