Vireo Health, Inc. ( Vireo ), a physician-led multi-state medical cannabis company, is committed to safely alleviating pain by providing patients with best-in-class cannabis products and compassionate care. Vireo subsidiary companies cultivate cannabis in environmentally friendly greenhouses, manufacture pharmaceutical-grade cannabis extracts in state-of-the-art labs, and offer their products for sale to qualifying patients at retail dispensaries and online.
We are currently seeing an experienced Food and Beverage Scientist to join our growing, talented team! The Beverage Scientist will be responsible for leading the development of novel beverage formulations and play a critical role in the development of edibles formulations for release in targeted markets.
Responsibilities for this role will include the following:
- Create new cannabinoid-containing beverage formulations.
- Assist in the development of candy, gummy, and other edibles products.
- Create laboratory and pilot-scale production processes.
- Develop, refine and validate production methods for new products.
- Assist in the execution of R&D plan.
- Collaborate with 3rd party quality assurance labs to ensure analytical method alignment.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures (SOPs) for production of new products.
- Keep organized record of all procedures and results.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Keep a detailed laboratory log, dating and recording all tasks performed and relevant results.
- MS or PhD in food science, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, pharmacology or a related discipline.
- Deep domain experience with emulsification chemistry.
- Previous experience in the beverage industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with food stability and testing protocols.
- Knowledge of food additives, preservatives, and flavorings.
- Working knowledge of HPLC.
- Previous experience working with cannabis products is preferred.
- Fastidious attention to detail is required.
- Superior writing ability is preferred.
Vireo Health, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.www.vireohealth.com