Vireo Health, Inc. is focused on integrating standard medical, scientific, and operational practices into the medical cannabis industry, improving the quality, safety and affordability of cannabis-based medicines for our patients. We are currently recruiting an experienced Launch/Integration Project Manager to join our growing team.
A Launch/Integration Project Manager is responsible for masterminding, outlining, developing and completing a license launch or integration in alignment with budgets, extreme time constraints and regulatory compliance. He/she designs the project goals and success markers. Projects at Vireo Health touch every department from executive to cultivation. Project Managers act as a liaison between the project team and upper level management and play a compliance role during the launch process. [Upper management need not be members of launch teams as they rarely attend regularly.] A Launch Project Manager must also prepare and present progress reports and ensure the project is furthering organizational goals.
This role will require varying amounts of travel. Ideally, our candidate would reside near one of our corporate offices in Minneapolis, New York City, or the NY/PA metropolitan area; however, we are open to alternate locations near another Vireo facility!
The Launch/Integration Manager will work directly with internal clients and external employees (in the case of an acquisition) to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and will assist in staffing project plans as needed to fulfill project requirements. This position will form part of the Project Management Office and is expected to collaborate with other PMO members.
Launch Project Manager Responsibilities
- Visit launch/integration site at outset of project then more frequently as inspection date approaches, be on site regularly as launch approaches and weeks right before as needed to direct in and assist in facility set up
- Meet regularly with facilities and construction team members
- Meet with internal client/biz lead/owner to understand the scope, financial landscape for the project and clarify specific requirements/wants of each part of the project
- Clearly understand and assess compliance with the regulations for that state and any local zoning requirements/challenges
- Ensure background checks and badging processes are completed on time for launch
- Assume a compliance role for the launch/integration period – build regulations tracker if doing a license launch in a new state or a new license in an existing state
- Delegate project tasks to launch team and follow up on dates and details of completion to meet regulatory deadlines
- Track project performance
- Provide at least weekly updates on project status to stakeholders and internal clients
- Develop procurement list for each project and work with AP, IT and Security to ensure equipment and supplies are delivered on time
- Meet with facilities team, architects and general contractors to clarify what will be provided by builder and what needs to be purchased by Vireo, including fixtures, equipment, etc.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
Project Manager Skills
- Previous experience in a highly regulated industry
- Extremely detail oriented
- Understand and revere the impact of the regulatory environment we work in
- Risk management skills
- People management skills – especially in the case of an integration project
- 5 years experience in project management
- Familiarity with SmartSheet software s collaboration and time management tools
- Familiarity with Asana task management software
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel – advanced skills preferred
- Excellent client-facing and better regulator facing communication skills
- Ability to motivate and direct highly skilled SMEs (and biz leaders and owners) who have other full time jobs, who do not report to the project manager or may not be on the launch team for a particular project and who may not agree with a task assigned to him/her
Vireo Health, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. www.vireohealth.com