Description: Vireo Health Medical Cannabis and Diversity Internship (Remote/Nationwide opening)
Vireo Health is looking for a medical cannabis and diversity intern to join our team. Our company brings the best innovation and technology to medical cannabis and prides ourselves in being one of the most diverse companies in the industry. Our company is working on exciting innovation and development looks to afford a solid educational experience to interns of all levels, so please apply regardless of your experience level.
This is a very exciting opportunity for person a keen interest in the cannabis industry. Our medical and diversity teams will be committed to enhancing the skills and acumen of our Medical Cannabis Diversity Intern.
- Compile a literature review with a specific focus determined by candidate with input from the Vireo team
- Stay up to date with cannabis current events and research
- Gather data through interviews and/or field observation
- Meet weekly with medical team
- Meet weekly with diversity team
- Attend cannabis events when appropriate (currently virtual- shared decision making directed by the candidate will inform other event participation in the context of COVID-19)
- Research- our intern will choose one of many current Vireo Health research endeavors to support and participate related to their own interests and passion
- Present findings at end of internship to external stakeholders
Applicants ideally have a background in Biology, Immunology, Microbiology, Medicine, Social Science, science, policy, and/ or horticulture. Experience in the industry and a passion for cannabis, medicine, diversity, social equity, and public speaking is encouraged. A background in research is a bonus. Excellent research and presentation skills, knowledge of statistics, and experience with related software such as SPSS and Microsoft Access will also be considered when reviewing applications.