MN Marijuana Cards
[Updated for 2022]
Getting A Medical Marijuana Card in Minnesota
MN Marijuana Cards are available for patients who are legal Minnesota residents and have been diagnosed with a qualifying condition.
Before you may register to get your Minnesota medical marijuana card from the state, a doctor, physician assistant or advanced practice registered nurse must first certify your condition. Ask your doctor, physician assistant or advanced practice registered nurse if they will certify your condition. Many doctors in Minnesota are not actively helping people get their medical cannabis cards.
For potential Minnesota marijuana patients, we make it easy to connect with a recommending MMJ doctor. If you believe you may qualify, simply fill out the patient registration form and a physician or clinic representative will contact you as available. Legal Minnesota Residents Only.
What is MN Marijuana Telemedicine?
It's how to get or renew your Minnesota marijuana card online from home!
Telehealth telemedicine gives patients the opportunity to visit with a marijuana card doctor using your smart phone, tablet, or personal computer. Online medcard appointments help reduce the spread and exposure of patients to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Qualified patients can get legal THC and CBD medicine for the treatment of several qualifying conditions.
If your ready, simply fill out the MMJ patient registration form and press submit. Then create a login, and you’re on your way to a marijuana doctors appointment from the comfort of your living room or dining room table. You will receive an email with follow up details as well. See if you qualify today!
MMJ Patient Registration Form
Instructions to Get Certified for Medical Cannabis In Minnesota:
1. Find a medical marijuana card doctor online
2. Print the Patient Email and Acknowledgement Form
On the Patient Email and Acknowledgement Form you’ll need to:
Write in the email address you’d like to use to receive private messages about your health. It is best to use your personal email address and not a work one. Bring this form along with you to your appointment and give it to your health care practitioner. During your visit, ask your practitioner for an appointment summary and a list of the medications that are currently prescribed to you. Take these documents with you when you go pick up your medical cannabis.
After you meet with your health care practitioner, you’ll receive an email from the OMC that will contain:
- Confirmation of your condition by your health care practitioner.
- Your unique registration link for the Medical Cannabis Patient Registry.
3. Register Online
Once you receive your certification email, you will be ready to register. Before you click on the registration link, gather your:
- Government-issued ID: state ID, driver’s license or passport
- If applicable, your government medical assistance plan ID: CHAMPVA, Medicaid or MinnesotaCare, Social Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Camera or a camera-equipped mobile phone to capture/scan images of your IDs
- Credit/debit card or check — the program’s payment processor, U.S. Bank, accepts all of the above methods of payment for the annual registration fee
- When your account has been approved, you’ll be notified by email.
4. Buy Medical Marijuana at Leafline Labs or Minnesota Medical Solutions
At this point you will be officially registered with the program and have your MN marijuana card.
To purchase medical cannabis, you will need to complete and submit a Patient Self-Evaluation Form. If you are under 18, or if at your certification appointment, your health care practitioner determined you need a caregiver, the person who is authorized to pick up your medical cannabis on your behalf will also need to fill out this form.