Position: Packaging Technician
Department: Greenhouse Operations
Reports to: Production Manager
Company: Vireo Health, Inc. – Minneapolis, MN
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Assist manufacturing team in the production of cannabis based medicines. This includes extraction, packaging, inventory management duties and labeling
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Package cannabis products following formulation.
- Apply labels to various types of medicines
- Can read instruments (pressure gauges, balances, calipers, etc.)
- Carry out quality control checks on finished products
- Maintain and update work instructions
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment including cleaning labware
- Manage parallel workflows
- Keeps a detailed laboratory log, dating and recording all tasks performed and relevant
- Comfortable performing in a goal driven
- Interacts with electronic record keeping
- Perform other functions as necessary to provide an adequate supply of product to meet patient
- Able to setup, maintain and repair
- Keep an inventory of production materials to ensure supply chain
- Provide feedback to improve process quality
Some machine maintenance will be required
Minimum of 3 years of experience working in regulated environment with automated or semi-automated equipment
Ability to enter data into electronic tracking systems like Excel or LeafLogix
Ability to communicate verbally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication may be required. Sitting or standing for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
Job also requires manual dexterity.
Some heavy lifting may be required. Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office and laboratory equipment. Must be comfortable operating and troubleshooting scientific and packaging equipment.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of problems.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional laboratory setting. Exposure to chemicals and laboratory agents is expected. Protective safety clothing, goggles, gloves, facemasks, or hat are required as needed. Activities include extended periods of sitting or standing and extensive work using laboratory and packaging equipment and machinery.