Job Description: A Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for working alongside a healthcare team in a retail cannabis dispensary environment. This position reports to the Director of Patient Services.
Company Overview: Vireo is focused on integrating standard medical, scientific, and operational practices into the medical cannabis industry, improving the quality, safety and affordability of cannabis-based medicines for our patients.
- Participates in our startup team to help educate and safely deliver medication to medical cannabis patients.
- Assists patients and caregivers through the dispensary process/experience
- Helps to trains other team members in the use of cannabis-based medicines
- Completes CPC operational requirements by maintaining an organized work flow; verifying preparation and labeling of medications, verifying order entries and charges
- Must comply with all state laws and regulations
- Participates in recordkeeping and reporting necessary for State Compliance
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with custodial procedures, rules, and regulations. Must adhere to infection-control standards such as handwashing
- Works on company initiatives to achieve set goals and performance indicators
- Educates patients on the proper use and storage of medical cannabis medications
- Assists patients in determining the best treatment course under the supervision of a registered pharmacistand in conjunction with a provider s recommendation
- Provides exceptional customer service to patients, potential patients, caregivers, and providers
- Maintains cash register and accountability for assigned drawer
- Completes opening/closing proceduresas assigned
- Utilizes computer systems and programs appropriately for daily operationssuch as patient communication, refill orders, making appointments and home deliveries
- Assists with the incoming orders, shipments, and deliveriesof supplies
- Attends staff meetings, continuing education, as directed
- Maintains and safeguards entrusted confidential information
- Works with eCommerce platform to review and approve online orders and patient accounts
- Assists patients in utilizing the eCommerce platform in order to obtain medical cannabis medications
- Communicate with patients and home delivery team to ensure medication orders are delivered to patients in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responds to all patient communication in both dispensary and home delivery environments
- Responsible for properly plotting and adjusting delivery routes using our navigational software
- Responsible for downloading and monitoring surveillance footage from Home Delivery vehicle cameras in conjunction with home delivery manager
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma and 1-3 years experience in a retail environment
- Proficiency with MS Office required
- Experience working in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to change in the work environment
Vireo Health, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. www.vireohealth.com