Who we are
Here at Vireo Health, Inc. ( Vireo ) our mission is to bring the best of technology, science, and engineering to the cannabis industry. We are a physician-led, customer-focused team of more than 500 dedicated employees creating best-in-class cannabis products and customer experiences. Vireo is proud to have one of the most diverse workforces in cannabis, promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion through engaging employee outreach programs, community events, and non-profit partnerships. We are rapidly expanding nationwide, and we are looking for talented, compassionate, and dedicated people to join our team and help us grow. From Cultivation to Operations to Sales & Marketing, we are hiring people who share our vision and passion for improving people s lives. If you are looking for a positive work environment where your contributions truly make a difference, click apply and let us learn about you!
What you will do
We are seeking experienced and highly motivated Payroll Specialist to join our growing dynamic team! The ideal candidate will be driven, innovative, compassionate, believe in the goodness of people and cannabis, and enjoys the one team, one dream motto! The Payroll Specialist will be responsible ensure accurate processing and recording of company s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry Payroll processing. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate This position reports directly to the Payroll Administrator.
- Process all payroll transactions for union and non-union payrolls.
- Process employee payroll change information such as garnishments, transfers and time systems records.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Maintains payroll records and databases.
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Prepare Payroll Detail Report and reconcile to payroll software each cycle.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting
- Process manual checks
- Research and email appropriate audience of system issues.
- Work closely with employees to answer and resolve any payroll related inquires.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience.
- CPP preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Working knowledge of payroll, HR, benefit systems.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000 – $50,000 per year
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Vireo Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. www.vireohealth.com