RESPONSIBLE TO: Pharmacy Manager/Director of Dispensary Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Illustrative examples, not all-inclusive)
- Actively participates in team development of policies, products, and workflow.
- Supervises and dispenses all cannabis-based medications based on the patient qualifying condition and other factors. Performs face-to-face patient evaluations.
- Maintains patient medication safety vigilance over pharmacy technicians and ancillary staff.
- Educates team and shares cannabis-based medication knowledge with the broader CPC team.
- Participates in hiring of CPC support staff, technicians
- Implements performance improvement plans for CPC staff
- Supervises and dispenses cannabis-based medications based on our formulary.
- Monitors patient drug therapies and medical conditions in MDH registry.
- Completes CPC operational requirements by organizing and directing technician workflow, verifying preparation and labeling of products, verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Addresses questions of providers, patients, and community
- Nominates CPC staff for monthly and quarterly recognition
- Complies with state regulation and provides oversight for overall CPC compliance
- Maintains/oversees records and inventory, including returns and removal of outdated products from the CPC inventory
- Supervises the work results of support personnel with appropriate documentation
- Participates in record keeping and reporting necessary for state compliance
- Maintains current MN pharmacy registration in good standing
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintains and develops cannabis-based pharmacological knowledge.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING:
- Licensed Pharmacist in good standing with State of Minnesota
- Preferred experience in both clinical and retail settings
- Preferred additional training in CBM
- Maintains and safeguards entrusted confidential information
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, and co-workers
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Prompt attendance to shifts and responsible time management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to function independently and proactively
- Ability to understand, support, and implement organizational policies/procedures and state regulations
- Maintains professional relationships with patients and co-workers
- Ability to perform job duties effectively when under stress
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and grow with position/company
- Analyzes information and implements quality control
- Acts ethically and applies good judgment
- Attention to detail
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management