Who we are
Here at Vireo Health, Inc. ( Vireo ) our mission is to bring the best of technology, science, and engineering to the cannabis industry. We are a physician-led, customer-focused team of more than 500 dedicated employees creating best-in-class cannabis products and customer experiences. Vireo is proud to have one of the most diverse workforces in cannabis, promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion through engaging employee outreach programs, community events, and non-profit partnerships. We are rapidly expanding nationwide, and we are looking for talented, compassionate, and dedicated people to join our team and help us grow. From Cultivation to Operations to Sales & Marketing, we are hiring people who share our vision and passion for improving people s lives. If you are looking for a positive work environment where your contributions truly make a difference, click apply and let us learn about you!
What you will do
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Principal Cost Analyst to join our growing dynamic team! The ideal candidate will be driven, innovative, compassionate, believe in the goodness of people and cannabis, and enjoys the one team, one dream motto. The Principal Cost Analyst is responsible for providing knowledge and management of the operational and financial entities of the organization. This individual will be the analytical liaison between operations and finance and effectively communicate data and reports to key stakeholders. The Principal Cost Analyst will assist with tracking operational Key Performing Indicators (KPI S) and ad hoc reporting. The position reports directly to the Controller.
- Manage and oversee the cost accounting system (Microsoft Business Central)
- Analyze data to identify problematic areas impacting inventory and cost of goods sold and suggest improvements.
- Identify operational efficiencies and inefficiencies across states.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures.
- Develop standardized cost budgets for manufacturing facilities across various cannabis markets.
- Develop standard/expected costs for individual product SKUs.
- Gather, summarize, and compare actual costing data to expectations/budget.
- Analyze differences between budget and actuals, and report on the drivers of the differences
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.
- Develop and implement a Sales & Operations Planning process
- Special projects, ad hoc analysis, and other duties assigned by manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years experience in cost accounting environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with cost analytics, financial modeling, variance analytics, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to adapt, work in a fast-paced, team environment, multi-task, and manage independent work effectively/efficiently without significant management oversight.
- CPA or CMA certification
- Cannabis Industry knowledge/experience
- Microsoft Business Central experience
- Power BI experience
- Jet Reporting experience
Vireo Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact HR at email@example.com