Who we are
Here at Vireo Health, Inc. ( Vireo ) our mission is to bring the best of technology, science, and engineering to the cannabis industry. Vireo s physician-led, customer-focused team of more than 400 dedicated employees creates best-in-class cannabis products and customer experiences. Vireo is proud to have one of the most diverse workforces in cannabis and we promote diversity, equity, and inclusion through engaging employee outreach programs, community events, and non-profit partnerships. Vireo is rapidly expanding nationwide, and we are looking for talented, compassionate, and dedicated people to join our team and help us grow. From Cultivation to Operations to Sales & Marketing, we are hiring people who share our vision and our passion for improving people s lives. If Vireo is the place for you, click apply so we can learn about you.
What you will do
We are currently seeking an experienced Product Development Scientist – Infused Food & Beverage to join our growing, talented team! This position will be responsible for leading the development of novel beverage formulations and play a critical role in the development of edibles formulations for release in targeted markets. We are seeking an experienced individual from the food and beverage industry who is innovative, creative, and not afraid to experiment with different methods and technology to develop the best product the industry has to offer.
- Create new cannabinoid-containing beverage formulations.
- Assist in the development of candy, gummy, and other edibles products.
- Create laboratory and pilot-scale production processes.
- Develop, refine and validate production methods for new products.
- Assist in the execution of R&D plan.
- Collaborate with 3rd party quality assurance labs to ensure analytical method alignment.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures (SOPs) for production of new products.
- Keep organized record of all procedures and results.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Keep a detailed laboratory log, dating and recording all tasks performed and relevant results.
What we are looking for
- MS or PhD in food science, analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, pharmacology or a related discipline.
- Deep domain experience with emulsification chemistry.
- Previous experience in the beverage industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with food stability and testing protocols.
- Knowledge of food additives, preservatives, and flavorings.
- Working knowledge of HPLC.
- Previous experience working with cannabis products is preferred.
- Fastidious attention to detail is required.
- Superior writing ability is preferred.
Vireo Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should notify HR at email@example.com