LeafLine Labs is one of two registered medical cannabis manufacturers in Minnesota. We focus on using controlled environment agriculture to produce various strains of cannabis that is turned into extraction-based medicine.
The Security Guard position ensures the protection, safeguarding and security of company assets, employees, patients, contractors, invitees and others; complies with federal, state and local legal regulations; takes direction from the Security Supervisor; and exercises independent judgment, when needed, in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities and other activities as assigned.
Minnesota law requires that any employee of LeafLine Labs be 21 and free of any disqualifying felony convictions. Prior to beginning employment with LeafLine Labs, every employee is legally required to submit to a background check conducted by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.
· Manages incidents and emergency situations, including the execution of procedures, coordination of resources, and on-scene response.
· Monitors, operates, interprets and interacts with multiple technical tools to detect threats and risks.
· Completes incident and activity reports and records.
· Performs building security patrols.
· Follows current procedures, practices and precedents for accomplishing LeafLine activities and functions relative to security.
· Identifies and resolves security related problems with approval from Security Supervisor.
· Coordinates activities within security area.
· Assists in biosecurity measures, emergency management and contingency planning.
· Serves as LeafLine’s liaison with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies as it relates to security at LeafLine and/or LeafLine personnel.
· Performs other activities as assigned.
· This job operates in multiple environments and locations. This role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
· The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
· Possession of a valid motor vehicle license and willingness to operate motor vehicles in the course of employment is required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent.
- 2+ years part or full-time experience in security, law enforcement, correction or military.
- Any combination of education and experience provided the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
- Proven high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, and ability to work independently
LeafLine Labs is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LeafLine Labs complies with applicable Minnesota and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.50 to $15.00 /hour
- security, law enforcement, correction or military: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Saturday (Required)
- Sunday (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Weekends required
- 12 hour shift
- Only full-time employees eligible