POSITION: Sr. Accountant
COMPANY: Vireo Health, Inc. – Minneapolis, MN
Vireo Health, Inc. ( Vireo ), a physician-led multi-state medical cannabis company, is committed to safely alleviating pain by providing patients with best-in-class cannabis products and compassionate care. Vireo subsidiary companies cultivate cannabis in environmentally friendly greenhouses, manufacture pharmaceutical-grade cannabis extracts in state-of-the-art labs, and offer their products for sale to qualifying patients at retail dispensaries and online. Vireo is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. www.vireohealth.com.
- To coordinate all day-to-day accounting activities of a routine nature.
- This newly created position in an amazing opportunity to for someone to join and grow with the company. We believe in a team-oriented environment where employees are empowered, and hard work is both noticed and rewarded. We seek to recognize potential and develop our talent to promote from within.
- Coordinate all activities related to the monthly closing of the general ledger for Vireo Health and its subsidiaries to include: determine and make the proper journal entries, adjusting/reversing entries and all other activities related to the closing process.
- Enter intercompany entries in all subsidiaries applicable from vendor invoices.
- Intercompany maintenance; provide balances with invoice details to all intercompany entities.
- Reconcile the deposits to the daily cash reports.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations including amortization and depreciation schedules.
- Reconciles prepaid expense and accrued liabilities.
- Process journal entries.
- Prepare AP & AR subledgers in agreement to balance sheet.
- Monthly close journal entries and preparation of credit card entries.
- 1099 reporting with vendor maintenance of tax identification numbers and review.
- Cash application and collections of receivable balances.
- Consolidation of intercompany transactions and monthly reconciliation.
- Process office orders for all departments.
- Manage credit cards, coding, and payments.
- Provide procedure documentation of all Sr. Accountant processes.
- Complete additional assigned duties in a timely, professional basis.
Degree of Education: 4-year accounting degree required
Desirable Amount of Previous Experience: At least five years general ledger accounting experience is required. Experience in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- QuickBooks accounting software experience is required.
- A strong technical accounting background, with experience in general ledger production, month end closing processes, Accounts Payable and audit preparation.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to approach sizable workload with positive energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Capable of taking on and solving complex problems. Excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to keep company matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and exhibit emotional intelligence.
- Must be organized and able to process large amounts of information.
- A team-player attitude that helps to guarantee the success of the entire business.
- Must be able to time manage, display an extremely high level of organizational skills, have integrity when producing, delivering and distributing information.
- Must possess excellent work habits, be dependable and include a willingness to get the job done.
- The willingness to take on new tasks and the ability to learn those you don’t know.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.