POSITION: Staff Accountant
COMPANY: Vireo Health, Inc. – Minneapolis, MN
SUPERVISOR: Accounting Manager
Vireo Health, Inc. ( Vireo ), a physician-led multi-state medical cannabis company, is committed to safely alleviating pain by providing patients with best-in-class cannabis products and compassionate care. Vireo subsidiary companies cultivate cannabis in environmentally friendly greenhouses, manufacture pharmaceutical-grade cannabis extracts in state-of-the-art labs, and offer their products for sale to qualifying patients at retail dispensaries and online. Vireo is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. www.vireohealth.com.
- To coordinate all day-to-day accounting activities of a routine nature and be responsible for entering accounts payable invoices.
- This newly created position in an amazing opportunity to for someone to join us at the ground level and grow with the company. We believe in a team-oriented environment where employees are empowered, and hard work is both noticed and rewarded. We seek to recognize potential and develop our talent to promote from within.
- Coordinate all activities related to the monthly closing of the general ledger for Vireo Health and its subsidiaries to include: determine and make the proper journal entries, adjusting/reversing entries and all other activities related to the closing process.
- Coordinate daily activities of accounts payable to assure all transactions are being processed accurately and timely.
- Manage efficient purchasing of inventory, supplies and capital equipment. Prepare and issue purchase orders. Track all shipments and meet need by dates of materials; timely placement of POs and coordination of delivery to include the management of orders by established lead times to ensure no stock outs of production materials. Proactively communicate delivery dates as well as any delays in materials.
- Enter vendor invoices for payment.
- Enter intercompany entries in all subsidiaries applicable from vendor invoices.
- Print checks and get them ready for signature, mail, and file paid invoices.
- Reconcile the deposits to the daily cash reports.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations including amortization and depreciation schedules.
- Monthly close journal entries and preparation of credit card entries.
- 1099 reporting with vendor maintenance of tax identification numbers and review.
- Daily sales reports.
- Analysis reports on enrollment and debit card usage.
- Process office orders for all departments.
- Manage credit cards, coding, and payments.
- Provide procedure documentation of all Staff Accountant processes.
- Complete additional assigned duties in a timely, professional basis.
Degree of Education: 4-year accounting degree required
Desirable Amount of Previous Experience: 4+ years of progressive accounting experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- QuickBooks accounting software experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to approach sizable workload with positive energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to keep company matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and exhibit emotional intelligence.
- Must be organized and able to process large amounts of information.
- A team-player attitude that helps to guarantee the success of the entire business.
- The willingness to take on new tasks and the ability to learn those you don’t know.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.