Who we are
Here at Vireo Health, Inc. ( Vireo ) our mission is to bring the best of technology, science, and engineering to the cannabis industry. We are a physician-led, customer-focused team of more than 500 dedicated employees creating best-in-class cannabis products and customer experiences. Vireo is proud to have one of the most diverse workforces in cannabis, promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion through engaging employee outreach programs, community events, and non-profit partnerships. We are rapidly expanding nationwide, and we are looking for talented, compassionate, and dedicated people to join our team and help us grow. From Cultivation to Operations to Sales & Marketing, we are hiring people who share our vision and passion for improving people s lives. If you are looking for a positive work environment where your contributions truly make a difference, click apply and let us learn about you!
What you will do
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Supply Chain Manager to join our growing dynamic team. The Supply Chain Manager will lead and optimize Vireo s supply chain processes ensuring that retail and productions teams operate efficiently. This individual will be responsible for all supply chain activities including establishing goals and KPI s. This position reports directly to the VP of Operations.
- Custodian of the customer and business rules to ensure optimal supply to markets and customers.
- Creation of a monthly rolling supply chain plan. Communicate this to the business as often as needed, together with the supply chain implications of the plan.
- Develop reporting to provide the company with directional information regarding supply chain issues and activities.
- Set stock levels for consumable supplies, raw materials, packaging and labeling materials, and finished products as applicable in agreement with supply chain and production colleagues.
- Limit risk to company by managing inventory levels, ensuring compliance throughout supply chain, and creating controls.
- Coordinate and influence sales and operational planning activities, including the chairing of monthly meetings to reduce and maintain a live portfolio of products, obtain clarity of new product launch dates, volumes and rules, get slow moving stock sold and negotiating with internal departments to increase stock velocity.
- Maintain ERP parameters to ensure accurate inventories for production and optimization of raw material stocks.
- Develop material costs forecasts.
- Manage efficient purchasing of inventory, supplies and capital equipment for the company. Receive purchase requisitions, verify for accuracy and authorization(s). Source new vendors when necessary.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders; determine and negotiate prices, delivery, and credit terms; buy according to established company policies and procedures; maintain accurate purchasing records.
- Track all shipments and meet Need by Dates of materials; timely placement of POs and coordination of delivery to include the management of orders by established lead times to ensure no stock outs of production materials. Proactively communicate delivery dates as well as any delays in materials.
- Establish and maintain relationships with major carriers, to include UPS, FedEx, and freight forwarders as appropriate.
- Manage and annually improve on inbound freight costs, minimizing unplanned expedited freight
- Evaluate, assess, and select vendors based on capabilities, performance, and consistent quality assurance. Maintain rapport and good working relationships with vendors; keep accurate vendor records.
- Evaluate inventory reorder levels and quantity price breaks to determine most economical purchasing of inventory and supplies in relationship to company’s cost of capital. Prepares monthly reports and reviews forecast of purchasing commitments with Finance Leadership.
- Expedite purchase orders as necessary and ensure delivery of purchased items for uninterrupted manufacturing flow.
- Perform other purchasing or inventory control duties as necessary or as requested.
- Ensure clear and efficient communication within all areas above. Drive cost and stock reduction programs. Take charge of supply chain projects from launch to completion.
- Effectively manage and lead department and ensures successful development and execution of team goals.
- Bachelor s Degree required.
- Professional Supply Chain qualification preferred, if not must be able to obtain one with 6 months of employment.
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications.
- ERP experience is required.
- Ability to develop, analyze, and interpret key performance metrics, and read, analyze, and interpret reports relating to inventory performance metrics
- Prior experience with project management or six sigma.
- Strong service and quality focus skills
- Experience with budgetary control.
- Prior experience with leading and managing a supply chain organization
Vireo Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.www.vireo.com